Sunday, August 9, 2009

Dreamed It



I woke up with this bracelet design in my head. I am working on a design for an upper arm bangle and this particular idea was not one of my sketches so far.


The weave was learned from an Emi Kaz tutorial ,which you can find here if interested http://www.jewelrylessons.com/tutorial/3-d-layer-vine-ring-reversible-weave . He did a great job on the tutorial. I haven't actually made the ring in the tutorial but I learned quite a bit of useful techniques just reading it, and now I have this cool bangle.

The bracelet packs alot of punch and I got it done in under 1.5 hours. Amazing huh? Well, I was amazed anyway! hehe:))

I am concerned about it how durable it is though:( It has to open and close around the wrist every time you put it on, and I wonder how long it will take for the core wires to fatigue and snap. I suspect I am being overly cautious, but I'll put some thought into some type of 'fatigue testing' before I continue to work with this design. I can think of a million more ways to use the wrap around idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment