Saturday, August 21, 2010

Finishing Things..

I told my mother, "just because I've started using Facebook doesn't mean you will miss out on anything" (since she doesn't use it). Than I turned around and posted this finished design to Facebook, with no intentions to blog about it! Not on purpose mind you, just wasn't thinking:)

This is a pendant I did some time ago, inspired by Deborah Muhl basket artistry. I finally worked it up into a necklace.

I'm trying to also get an older silver trinket box reworked into a better necklace.




I also started another advanced coiling design that I can tell already won't work out, and I put a lot of hours into that. If I can work out these advanced ideas, I know I can make some really cool stuff. I'm motivated to work them out, but it's slow.




3 comments:

  1. oh Mary....this is stunning...I truly love the colours and every element to this....and I'm so glad you blogged....because I don't use facebook......

    How big is the focal bead you've used?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Tam! I prefer blogging over Facebook too:)
    This bead is 3/4" diameter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary,
    I used bing to hunt down Deborahs work and after a quick study of her work I can clearly see her influence in this piece. Very nice interpretation. :::thumbs up:::

    ReplyDelete